AEB Paper- The Value of Independent Training Providers

AELP supports all AEB provision, whether it is set in colleges, community centres or taken to businesses.  This briefing paper seeks to raise awareness and emphasises the role that Independent Training Providers (ITPs) play in the overall skills delivery system across England which is often overlooked.  For 2017/18 ITPs directly delivered £249,266,308 of the AEB, with a vast amount more under subcontracting arrangements.  It should be noted that ITP’s direct delivery of AEB has been low due to only 10% of the total AEB available to them, with the rest (90%) allocated out under grant arrangements with colleges and community learning providers.  The briefing paper can be read here.

Top of Page