We are looking to appoint a Finance Officer to work within a small team based in Bradley Stoke.
The successful candidate will provide support to the Director of Finance and AELP management.
Salary: circa £25,500pa
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Location: Bradley Stoke
If you interested in applying for this position please send your CV with a covering letter to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is Monday 18 September
To provide financial support to AELP management and staff.
- Ensure financial and payroll information is maintained and processed in accordance with procedures and in order to provide information for statutory returns.
- Investigate and advise about enquiries and queries from suppliers, members and AELP staff and provide assistance and advice as required.
- Ensure work is completed in line with financial timescales
- Reconcile Bank accounts monthly.
- Reconcile Events income on Sage with data provided from the ETouches system and Events Manager records.
- Check Staff expense claims are in line with the Company’s Expenses Policy and refer any exceptions to the Finance Manager.
- Update the monthly Cashflow forecasts to reflect actual movements.
- Maintain the Asset Register.
- Maintain the Purchase Order spreadsheet to aid the calculation of monthly accruals.
- Complete quarterly VAT Returns for review by the Director of Finance before submission to HMRC.
- To cover day to day management tasks in the absence of the Director of Finance.
- Other duties as may be required from time to time by the needs of the business.
- Broad accounts experience
- Ability to use SAGE accounting software
- Able to contribute as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- level 2 qualification in Finance or equivalent with a desire to progress to Level 3
- AAT qualification
- Knowledge of VAT codes