Guidance to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely during the coronavirus pandemic.
Maintaining education and skills training provision: further education providers
This operational guidance provides further detailed information on new arrangements and responses to questions for organisations delivering further education including general further education colleges, sixth form colleges, and other providers.
Education, childcare and children’s social care
Safe working in education, childcare and children’s social care
Actions for education and childcare settings to prepare for wider opening from 1 June 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19): implementing protective measures in education and childcare settings
Supporting vulnerable children and young people – actions for educational providers and other partners
Other sector specifics
The government, in consultation with industry, has produced guidance to help ensure workplaces are as safe as possible. These 8 guides cover a range of different types of work. Many businesses operate more than one type of workplace, such as an office, factory and fleet of vehicles. You may need to use more than one of these guides as you think through what you need to do to keep people safe.
- Construction and other outdoor work Guidance for people who work in or run outdoor working environments.
- Factories, plants and warehouses Guidance for people who work in or run factories, plants and warehouses.
- Labs and research facilities Guidance for people who work in or run indoor labs and research facilities and similar environments.
- Offices and contact centres Guidance for people who work in or run offices, contact centres and similar indoor environments.
- Other people's homes Guidance for people working in, visiting or delivering to other people's homes.
- Restaurants offering takeaway or delivery Guidance for people who work in or run restaurants offering takeaway of delivery services
- Shops and branches Guidance for people who work in or run shops, branches, stores or similar environments.
- Vehicles Guidance for people who work in or from vehicles, including couriers, mobile workers, lorry drivers, on-site transit and work vehicles, field forces and similar.